- Orange County Register owner plans daily LA paper
- Ohio school workers' hearing set after rape case
- Sentencing up for Ohio wife's hospital bed killing
- Sentencing set in Ohio wife's hospital bed killing
- Last moments recounted of official killed in crash
- Naval investigator to plead guilty in bribery plot
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 2,500 Fordham applicants misled by email
- Guard brings Christmas to remote Alaska village
- Negotiator: Machinists must decide on Boeing offer
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 12, 09:33 PM
WASHINGTON - An American who vanished nearly seven years ago in Iran was working for the CIA on an unapproved intelligence-gathering mission that, when it came to light inside the government, produced one of the most serious scandals in the recent history of the CIA - but all in secret, an Associated Press investigation found.
The U.S. publicly has described Levinson as a private citizen.
"Robert Levinson went missing during a business trip to Kish Island, Iran," the White House said last month.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 13, 12:33 AM
DENVER - Now, Peyton Manning gets a chance to rest.
Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers kept Manning on the sideline most of the game and handed the Denver Broncos and unexpected and harmful 27-20 loss Thursday night.
Rivers threw two touchdown passes to Keenan Allen and kept the Chargers' offense on the field for nearly 39 minutes, keeping their playoff hopes alive while turning Denver's supposedly easy road to the AFC West title and top seeding in the conference into something much different.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 0 MPH CLM
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|